Page 12 of 14
- Safety observer (on both the rig and the bridge). Looks for unsafe practices during operations. Wears a white jersey and a white helmet with a green cross.
- Rig captain. The person in overall charge of the UNREP detail. Wears a yellow jersey and a yellow helmet.
- Riggers. They connect and tend tag-lines, prepare for breakaway, and disconnect the rig. Wears a blue jersey and a blue helmet.
- Signalman. Receives orders from the rig captain and transmits them to the other ship. Wears a green jersey and a green helmet.
- Corpsman. Maintains watch on station to provide first aid in the event of an injury. Wears a white jersey with a red cross and a white helmet with a red cross.
- Gunner's mate. Operates line-throwing rifle. Wears a red jersey and a red helmet.
- Winch operator. Maintains even tension on the STREAM line. Wears a brown jersey and a brown helmet.