Reports may be viewed, viewed and then printed, or printed directly without viewing. Some reports require extensive background calculations before they are displayed or printed, so it saves time to print them directly without viewing.
When a report task link is clicked, a printing options form pops up. The form offers the following two options:
- Print immediately. Click this button to print the report immediately without previewing it. Pressing enter key on the keyboard will also select this option.
- Preview first. Click this button to preview the report. After reviewing the report, it may be printed or it may be closed without printing. More printing and export options are available from the preview on the printing ribbon that appears at the top of the screen.
- Click anywhere in the previewed report to change the view size from full-page size to a size to fit the screen.
- To preview the next page of a report, use the navigation arrows at bottom of the report.
When a previewed report opens, a print ribbon will appear the top of the screen. Tasks on this ribbon are as follows:
- Print one, two, or more copies. Select this task to print a copy, two copies, or more copies of the report that may be used, faxed, or mailed.
- Attach to email. Select this task to save a copy of the report to the desktop in text format, rich text format, html format, or snapshot format. This copy may then be attached to an email. The text, rich text, or html file may be opened on any computer.