TaskMaster is designed to be user friendly and easy to use without the user having any special training. Information is categorized on tabs so it is easy to find and so forms are cluttered with too much information. All tasks are accessible from either the main ribbon or the control panel.
Main Ribbon. The main ribbon is permanently located at the top of the screen. It provides quick access to commonly used tasks and other tasks. Since it is always visible, the tasks in it may be selected at any time.
Control Panel. The control panel is the main form that appears after an authorized password is entered. Navigation on the control panel is controlled by tabs that list different categories of tasks and by task links located within the tabs. Each tab and link has a short description of what task it performs; this makes it easier to find a desired task and to know what a task does.
Home Tab. The home tab is the first tab.
It contains the following information:
- Reminders field. Displays reminders, such as weeks remaining until testing, which progress calls are due, and a reminder to check for expired contacts.
- Callbacks field. Lists callbacks that have been entered into the callback manager.
- Memo field. Leave a memo to self or to other users.
- Quote of the day.Displays a random quote of the day from a database of over 700 martial art related quotes.
- New cycle year alert button.
- Cycle year. A cycle year consists of a series of training cycles.
- Training cycle. A training cycle is the length of time between testing dates, so testing dates are what determine the length of the training cycles. If the last testing date of the current cycle year has occurred and the new cycle year testing dates have not been entered, a red New Cycle Year Alert button will appear over the title on the control panel. The owner clicks this button to enter the new cycle year testing dates. Testing dates may be edited at any time.
- Next >>