- Best Weapon for Self-Defense
- May you legally carry the weapon?
- May the weapon be deployed quickly?
- May the weapon be used effectively?
- Are you capable of using the weapon effectively?
- Will the weapon’s effect be fast enough?
- Will you have the will to use the weapon?
- What if the attacker takes the weapon?
- Knives as self-defense weapons
- Firearms as self-defense weapons
- Best firearms for self-defense
- Best firearms for home defense
- All Pages
Will the weapon’s effect be fast enough to stop an attacker before he or she kills you?
If a person is angry enough to attack you, then the person’s adrenaline level will be high and his or her body will be geared up to fight. This means the attacker’s body will be slower to react to pain and it’s reaction will be lessened. One shot or one stab may not have enough effect to stop the attacker from killing or seriously injuring you. In fact, it may even increase the person’s anger level and strength, thus making to easier for him or her to kill or seriously injure you.