- Best Weapon for Self-Defense
- May you legally carry the weapon?
- May the weapon be deployed quickly?
- May the weapon be used effectively?
- Are you capable of using the weapon effectively?
- Will the weapon’s effect be fast enough?
- Will you have the will to use the weapon?
- What if the attacker takes the weapon?
- Knives as self-defense weapons
- Firearms as self-defense weapons
- Best firearms for self-defense
- Best firearms for home defense
- All Pages
Are you capable of using the weapon effectively?
No weapon is effective unless you can use it effectively. To use a weapon effectively, you most train regularly in using it effectively. Target shooting at a range is good for perfecting your weapon handling and shooting skills, but for self-defense you need to practice practical or combat shooting. To use a knife effectively, you must train in knife self-defense methods.
Anyone may learn to use learn to use a weapon under ordinary conditions; however, using them effectively while under attack or when being shot at is a different story. Shooting at someone who is shooting at you is different than you just shooting at someone. Whatever weapon you use, you must have confidence in it being effective, or it will not be effective.