Page 2 of 3
Weight control comes from controlling what you eat
The secrets to weight control are simple:
- Watch your portions. Portion control has the greatest effect on weight loss. You can eat most anything, if it is done with portion control.
- Limit fat. Limit fat intake to less than one-third of your daily calorie intake.
- Eat fruits and vegetables. Remember to eat 5 or more portions per day.
- Choose whole over refined. Eat whole grain bread rather than refined bread. Try to eat all food in as near to its natural state as possible, the less processing and refining, the better.
- Eat at home. Eating at home where you have more control helps with weight loss, and it is cheaper.
- Exercise. As stated above, exercise does burn some extra calories, but its greatest benefit comes from the overall increase in well-being, which help you eat better and less.
Note: The storage of food in the body as fat does not increase more at night. Research has shown that, while eating before bed may cause indigestion or sleep problems, it does not make you fatter.