Third Rite: Camel
This is a classic back bend.
- Kneel on the floor, knees under your hips, toes flat, with the body erect.
- Place hands on back of legs just under the buttocks.
- Tilt the head and neck forward, tucking the chin against the chest.
- Then, tilt the head and neck backward, arching the spine backward, and look upward.
- After arching, return to the original position, and repeat..
- Inhale deeply as you arch the spine, exhale as you return to an erect position.
This rite opens up the front of the body and spine and establishs a rhythmic breathing pattern. Breathe in deeply as you arch the spine. Breathe out as you return to an erect position. When you are finished with this series of motions, extend your arms at shoulder level straight out in front of you and lean back without arching your back. You will feel this stretching the facia lata at the outer thighsThis rite causes a pleasant stimulation throughout the sacral area which stirs the meridians and the energies going to and from the groin and down the legs. This rite strengthens and tones the legs and glutes.