Page 3 of 3
If you do end up with a severe case of DOMS, try the following tips to get some relief and speed up the healing process:
- Avoid exercising the sore muscles and allow time for healing.
- Do some light static stretches.
- Gently massage the affected muscles.
- Apply ice to the affected areas for a few minutes.
- Anti-inflammatory medication, for instance aspirin or ibuprofen, and some Vitamin C may also help to alleviate discomfort.
However, if the acute or delayed muscle soreness persists, consult a medical expert for scientific advice.
- << Prev