Page 4 of 15
Ways to perform kicks
- Without power. Used in sparring where opponent is barely touched. The purpose is focus.
- With thrusting power. Used for fighting or breaking. Generate maximum power.
- With pushing power. Used to push opponent away with minimum injury.
- With snapping power. Used for sparring and fighting where quick powerful kicks are needed.
- Jamming. Similar to kicking without power. It stops short of target and opponent runs into kick, stopping forward motion.
- Accelerating. Acceleration comes from adding various movements, such as spins, flips, jumps, etc.