Page 3 of 3
- Think of a cat tiptoeing while stalking prey.
- When performing successive cat stances, keep the heels in alignment so the "L" shape is maintained.
- Use to withdraw a short distance along the diagonal from the line of attack. Always keep your centerline facing the opponent so you can use both arms quickly and effectively.
- To move forward in successive cat stances, the lead foot pivots and the back foot merely swings around. Do not step the rear foot forward or too much weight will be transferred to the front foot and a rearward weight shift will have to be made.
- Keep the front side of the body loose and free so all leading techniques will be quick and powerful.
- << Prev