Red dot indicates center of mass
- Stance Width. Heels touching.
- Stance Depth. Zero.
- Front/Back Foot Position. Both feet touching and pointed straight forward or booth feet angled outward 45 degrees.
- Front/back Leg Position. Both knees slightly bent.
- Shoulder Position. Forward, parallel to heels.
- Hip Position. Forward, parallel with shoulders
- Weight Distribution. Equal on both feet.
- Center of Mass.Ccentered over and between the feet.
- Also known as a "closed-leg stance"
- Stand with body vertical and straight.
- Face forward with head erect.
- Feet side-by-side with heels and toes touching (Variation is a "V Stance" with heels touching but with toes angled 45 degrees to each side).
- Arms and hands straight down the side of the body.
- Fingers straight down with palms against the legs (Variation is with hands in tight fists with palms toward the body).
- From the standing attention stance, lift the left leg and lower the left knee to the floor beside the right foot, extending the left foot toes straight backward.
- Lift the right leg and lower the right knee to the floor beside the left knee, extending the right foot toes straight backward, with the right foot toes overlapping the left foot toes.
- Sit back on the feet, keeping the body erect. Place the hands palms down, fingers together, atop their corresponding thighs, with the fingers pointed toward the inner thighs.
- With hands in this position, the arms will form a circular position. Remain erect but relax and let weight rest on the legs.