Jump-spin techniques are some of the most spectacular techniques seen in Taekwondo, and many are unique to Taekwondo. Although jump-spin techniques look difficult to perform, if done properly, they are relatively simple.
Order of learning a jump-spin technique
- Learn to properly perform the kick or hand technique.
- Learn to jump properly.
- Learn to jump using the kick or hand technique.
- Learn to spin properly.
- Learn to spin using the kick or hand technique.
- Learn to jump-spin properly.
- Lean to jump-spin using the kick or hand technique.
Some instructors teach that you should start the kick or hand technique before, or at the same time as, the spin starts. However, this slows the spin, may disrupt balance if the foot or arm moves outward too much and it telegraphs what type of technique may be coming. The attack must launch at the last possible moment to maximize the power of the spin and to avoid telegraphing the technique to the opponent.
- Next >>