Page 1 of 3
Here are some questions to ask when evaluating a school.
- Is the head instructor a full-time or part-time instructor/owner?
- How long has the school been open?
- Do you use no-contact, light-contact, or full contact sparring?
- Do you teach Olympic style Taekwondo?
- Do you teach practical self-defense techniques?
- Do you teach ground fighting/grappling? What type?
- Is the school matted for use in throws or falls?
- Is board breaking required in training? For testing?
- Is free-sparring required? If yes:
- What is total cost of all required sparring equipment?
- Must all equipment be bought through the studio?
- Is contact allowed in sparring?
- Is kicking to the head allowed, if so, is it mandatory?
- Is kicking to the head in tournaments allowed, if so, is it mandatory?
- What training equipment is required to be purchased, other than for sparring, such as target pads, re-breakable boards, etc?
- Next >>