Integrity- Yom Chi
Integrity is living according to principle. In Taekwondo, we must be able to determine right from wrong, to have a conscience, and to always do the right thing. We must always seek to integrate our thoughts, feelings, and values within ourselves and with the world in which we live through consistent actions. If we demonstrate integrity in our daily interactions with others, people will learn to regard us as dependable, responsible, and honest. Maintain your integrity and live according to these principles and you cannot lose. Integrity may be displayed as:
- Honesty. Be truthful with yourself and others.
- Consistency. Your actions match your words and stay the same on a daily basis.
- Loyalty. Be faithful to the people and practices that are important in your life and acknowledge the positive role that people, such as family and friends, and practices, such as Taekwondo, have had in your life.
- Adherence to a standard of values. Be mindful of what is right and what is wrong.
- Learning from mistakes. Use your mistakes as a tool to avoid making the same mistakes again.