Page 3 of 5
- Be in the training area, at least 15 minutes before class and do personal warm-up stretching. If you are unavoidably detained or late for class, the instructor may assign you warm-up and/or disciplinary exercises, as appropriate.
- Bow toward the center of the training area each time you enter or leave the training area.
- If the instructor is present in the training area, wait until the instructor acknowledges your presence. When he or she does acknowledge you, bow and say, "Good morning/evening Mr./Ms (last name)." The instructor will return your bow and salutation.
- When the instructor commands "Line up!" the class will quickly line up facing the front of the training area (usually where the ceremonial wall is located) with the highest rank belt in the front and to the right. Other belts will line up in order of belt rank and seniority to the senior belt's left, in rows of three or four. Everyone will stand in a "chunbi" (ready stance). Students should remember their place in the order so they may line up quickly when ordered to line up again.
- The instructor or a designated student will lead the class in warm-up exercises.
- When the instructor commands "Line up!" the class will quickly line up again in a chunbi stance. The instructor will stand in front of the students facing the ceremonial wall. The instructor may have other black belts or senior students line to his or her left.
- Students will quickly leave the training area.
- If required, proceed directly to the dressing room to remove your uniform.