Page 5 of 8
Show respect for the instructor or assistants
- Respond quickly to directions or questions from instructors, without question or hesitation.
- Never argue with your instructor.
- Concentrate totally on the instructor's directions.
- Keep quiet while the instructor is speaking or demonstrating techniques.
- Attend classes regularly. Notify the instructor if you are unable to attend for more than one week.
- Bow to instructors before addressing them and bow again when the conversation is finished.
- Address instructor as Mr./Ms. (last name) or sir/ma'am.
- If you are called upon or are told to do something by the instructor, answer with, "Yes sir/ma’am!"
- If you need to ask the instructor a question, say, "Excuse me sir/ma'am" and wait for a response.
- If you are having trouble learning a technique, first try to figure it out by watching others, and then ask the instructor for help.
- If expected in class and you will be absent or tardy, notify the instructor as soon as possible.
- Pay your tuition promptly. It is not polite or respectful to expect a school or instructor to wait for you to pay your tuition.
- Your conduct, in and out of class, reflects upon Taekwondo and the instructor.