Page 2 of 8
2. Opening Schools (or other teaching premises)
- Member will open a (school, club, branch, institute, clinic, seminar, studio, or course of instruction; hereinafter referred to as School) only after receiving all the necessary current and validated written credentials and authorizations to serve as an instructor and after obtaining all necessary current and validated written credentials and authorizations to open a School.
- Member agrees to have the name of said School prominently displayed as the World Rip-off Yu Association (location) School with the location name designated by ROYA.
- Member will have all official certificates, credentials and authorizations prominently displayed in the office of said School.
- Member agrees to train and to test at ROYA Headquarters prior to opening a School.
- Member agrees to enroll in and successfully complete a course in business management approved by ROYA prior to opening a School (this requirement may be waived in certain instances; written permission from ROYA is necessary) .
- Member agrees to assume sole and total responsibility for meeting all maintenance fees, rents, loans, insurance, and all financial and legal obligations concerning the opening and operation of any School and hereby agrees not to hold ROYA responsible for any such matters, including any subsequent actions, claims or suits.
- Member agrees to allow ROYA to examine, through its appointed agent, Member's financial records, School records ,and any other records relating to the operation of the School, at any time. Member further agrees to submit monthly financial records, School records as supplied by ROYA by the 5th of every month.
- Member agrees to maintain regular correspondence with ROYA
- Member may test his/her students for color belt advancement through first degree black belt, (with written authorization from ROYA), although for the student to achieve Degree Certification, Member's student must train and test at ROYA Headquarters. Color Belt Certification must be processed through ROYA in the manner set forth by ROYA .
- If Member opens a School under any name (real or fictitious) without full written authorization from ROYA, Member shall forfeit all profits from said instruction and operation to ROYA and shall cease all such Schools and operation upon demand of ROYA. Furthermore, if ROYA deems it necessary to procure the services of an attorney(s) to obtain compliance with a demand to cease instruction and/or operation and/or an accounting of profits, Member shall be held liable hereunder for all attorney's fees and other legal costs incurred by ROYA.
- ROYA agrees to assist Member in their quest to actively teach Rip-off Yu by helping to promote Member's School through its periodic newsletters, published articles and/or through advice in operating said School, though ROYA in no way will be held financially responsible for success or failure of Member's school.