- Sparring Strategies
- Sparring and Chess
- Fighter classifications
- Combination Fighter
- Counter Fighters
- Shorter Opponent
- Taller Opponent
- Out of Control Opponents
- Bob and Weaver
- Persistent Jabber
- Aggressive Opponent
- Wait and Counter Fighter
- Very Fast Opponent
- Lightweight vs. Heavyweight Opponents
- Total Package Opponents
- Strategies to use if you are a lead fighter
- Strategies if you are a counter fighter
- All Pages
Page 8 of 25
Snipers take shots from a long range. Snipers:
- Are often mistaken for runners, until they land a big shot on you from long-range.
- Will evade attacks rather than block, and you will often find yourself chasing them around the ring. However, a sniper's goal is not to survive by evading you, but to take you out with long-range attacks. Tall runners who grow confident with their skills often become snipers.
- Usually have a reach advantage over their opponents.
- Throw fast, long-range, effective techniques that take advantage of their reach. Punchers throw a lot of jabs, while kickers will use high front and side kicks. These techniques are usually linear to reach their target quickly while it is still within range.
- Backpedal a lot, but will also use side-to-side movement at the limit of your effective range.
To fight a sniper:
- You must crowd snipers. Stay on them like white on rice. Longer arms and legs are not as effective at close range.