- Sparring Strategies
- Sparring and Chess
- Fighter classifications
- Combination Fighter
- Counter Fighters
- Shorter Opponent
- Taller Opponent
- Out of Control Opponents
- Bob and Weaver
- Persistent Jabber
- Aggressive Opponent
- Wait and Counter Fighter
- Very Fast Opponent
- Lightweight vs. Heavyweight Opponents
- Total Package Opponents
- Strategies to use if you are a lead fighter
- Strategies if you are a counter fighter
- All Pages
Page 17 of 25
Aggressive fighters love to attack.
To fight an aggressive opponent:
- Let him or her attack for a while, but keep sidestepping or clinching.
- You may also counter immediately after the sidestep, and then clinch.
- Use reverse punch to knock him or her off balance.
- Keep opponent wasting his or her energy and losing points.
- Use lots of fakes to keep opponent paranoid and moving.
- An opponent who kicks too much is often standing on one leg. Knock him or her off balance with a linear kick and counter while he or she is attacking.
- Remember, the majority of points are from countering.