Page 2 of 6
Developing a plan
A proper plan will consider both the mental and physical aspects of sparring:
- Study opponents to gather information on their actions (such as does he counter punch) and inactions (such as does she respond to feigns).
- Determine what information is important.
- If needed, gather more information on important information.
- Decide what actions or inactions your need to use to overcome the opponent's actions or inactions.
- Have alternate actions or inactions to use if primary ones fail.
- Execute your chosen actions or inactions at the proper time
- Conserve energy by using it judiciously.