Page 6 of 8
Things that Hinder Speed
- Emotions. Fear, anger, or even happiness may distract you, which will slow your speed. For maximum speed, you should have neutral emotions.
- Fatigue. Running out of energy or the tiring of muscles will slow your speed. Proper prior planning will prevent piss poor performance.
- Lack of training. Techniques will be quicker if they are performed properly. Train for perfection of movement and you will be quicker.
- Lack of concentration. Worrying about something or thinking about something besides sparring will slow you down. Learn to reject all unneeded thoughts.
- Fat. Extra weight will slow your speed. Eat properly.
- Weak muscles. Weak, un-toned muscles will slow your speed. Train with strength increased exercises to increase your speed.