Page 2 of 8
Factors that Influence Speed
- Maximum acceleration and velocity will help achieve maximum power.
- Sequence of muscle activation and sequential body weights shifts will increase speed.
- A body at rest will remain at rest until acted upon by a force. A body that is already in motion will react faster than one at rest.
- The speed of motion is directly proportional to the force that produced the motion. The stronger you are the faster you are. However, muscles that are merely bigger will be slower since they have greater mass.
- The shortest distance between two points is a straight line so linear techniques are faster than circular ones.