Page 9 of 9
- Avoidance fighters usually will not attack and will defend by avoiding the attack with little or no contact. Use fakes to see who the person reacts. Just like leading when shooting a flying duck with a rifle when, once you know how the person move, aim you primary attack where the person will be, not where he or she is.
- Avoidance fighters use locks, off balancing, and throws, which usually required grabbing the opponent. Do not over commit in an attack and quickly retract attacking arms and legs to prevent grabbing.
- Do not get them in grabbing range and do not let them clinch.
- Avoidance fighter will smoothly move around a lot to keep you off balance. Do not play their game. Like a smart bull in the fighting ring that attack in a straight line a few times and then suddenly hooks the matador as he avoids a seemly string in attack, you should do the unexpected.
- Avoidance fighters use arm locks, finger pulls, palm strikes, soft blocks, large sweeping motions, pressure point attacks, and other different techniques. Be ready for them, have counters ready, and do not get frustrated.
- Avoidance fighters pride themselves in their finesse. The try to minimize their movements, always moving just the amount needed. Again, use this to your advantage. Use a short snapping punch that they easily avoid, and then push a punch that extends longer to nail them.
- Learn to attack while moving since to catch an avoidance fighter you must move a lot. Learn to develop speed, power, and accuracy while in an unstable position.
- << Prev