Page 2 of 5
- These are the runners. Rather than stand their ground, they move away from an attack.
- They would rather avoid an attack than block.
- Usually are not physically intimidating.
- Endurance may be lacking.
- They may be unsure of their abilities and they to avoid confrontation or they may be highly skilled fighters who float like a butterfly and sting like a bee by moving away to avoid attacks, swiftly counter attack, and then again move back out of range.
- Entice them to come to you by providing an opening.
- If they run backward, use long range techniques, such as rear leg kicks, sliding kicks, or jumping kicks.
- Control where they may run, or cause them to run in the direction you choose.
- If they run to the sides, try to figure which side they tend to move to and make them move into your attack.
- "Spook" them with a feign attack, and then move in swiftly to their new location.