Page 5 of 12
- Close Range. At this range, an attacker may grab, throw, use chokes, or use arm/wrist locks. Elbow, knee, and head attacks may also be used in this range.
- Middle Range. Punches and hand strikes are effective at this range. Lunging close range techniques may also be used.
- Long Range. Kicks and lunging mid range techniques are effective at this range
- Close Range. At this range, effective blocks are grabs and close in arm blocks.
- Middle Range. Effective blocks are all standard arm blocks.
- Long Range. Leg blocks are effective
- Combat Range. Both fighters are able to strike each other.
- Attack Range. You may strike your opponent but opponent cannot reach you.
- Defense Range. Opponent may strike you but you cannot reach opponent.