Defensive tactics are used when your opponent attacks first. An opponent is most vulnerable when attacking, so a good defense with a follow-up counterattack will usually score. The following items are listed in the format: (attack technique) initial stance (open or closed) defensive technique. Opponent's attacking technique is in ( ).
From "open" fighting position (opposite lead legs)
- (Skip front kick) Skip slightly to rear, block, counter with roundhouse to middle or high section.
- (Skip roundhouse) Skip to rear, rear leg roundhouse.
- (Skip roundhouse) Step to side, punch to middle section.
- (Skip hook kick) Slide lead leg back, lean away from attack, then counter with strong rear leg roundhouse.
- (Skipping side kick) Skip to rear, block, and rear leg roundhouse.
- Execute lead leg middle side kick. (As opponent moves backward to avoid being hit and then attempts a rear leg round kick) Immediately execute a middle spin side kick.
- Next >>