Page 6 of 6
Flag in mourning
- Half Staff
- To place the flag at half-staff, hoist it to the peak for an instant and lower it to a position half way between the top and bottom of the staff.
- To lower the flag, raised it to the peak for a moment before it is lowered.
- On Memorial Day, the flag is displayed at half-staff until noon and at full staff from noon to sunset.
- The flag is to be flown at half-staff in mourning for designated, principal government leaders and upon presidential or gubernatorial order.
- When used to cover a casket, the flag should be placed with the union at the head and over the left shoulder. It should not be lowered into the grave.
- << Prev