Great comeback lines for TOUGH situations!
The key to comeback lines is to avoid the temptation to trade name calling or personal insults with the bully or teaser. A great comeback line is brief and to the point and leaves the bully or teaser feeling that they did not get to you. Always look them in the eye and keep cool, anger is a sign to them that what they are doing is working. Try some of the following, however always remember, if another student is threatening physical violence toward you, do not say anything to him/her and do your best to get away from the situation and to where a teacher or other adult is located.
- "Why do you waste your time saying that stuff to me? Try someone else."
- "Those things are ridiculous, but whatever."
- "I don't do this to you. You should really think about that."
- "I'm not sure why you keep saying these things to me, but it really doesn't matter."
- "Okay. Finished?"
- "That's funny, but enough already okay?"
- "You really got me with that one, but enough already okay?"
- "Here we go again, Tell me when you are done."