When learning self-defense techniques, remember there are some things a real attacker will probably use:
- An unannounced attack from a person who is larger and stronger than you are.
- A sucker punch, from the rear hand that comes from over the shoulder.
- A grab and yank, often accompanied by a punch.
- A punch that goes through you, with body weight behind it.
- A dive or tackle.
- A shove.
- A hair grab accompanied by a punch or knee.
- A scooping groin kick.
- A blinding array of punches until he or she goes down or wins.
- An instant struggle to grab you again, should you escape the first grab.
- An ongoing effort to keep you off-balance.
- The mass of his or her body bearing on you all the time.
Thompson, Geoff. [Online]. Available: http://www.geoffthompson.com
- << Prev