Page 2 of 8
In the event an emergency evacuation, you will not have time to grab what you need, so an emergency backpack that is preloaded with essential items will allow you to grab it and go. In the backpack, you should have the following items:
- Important documents, such as copies of insurance policies identification, bank records, medical records, and deeds.
- Prescriptions for medications and eyeglasses.
- Mini first-aid kit, with items such as bandages, antibiotic ointment, aspirin.
- $300 in cash, in small denominations.
- Prepaid phone card.
- Matches in a waterproof container.
- Flashlight and extra batteries.
- Whistle to signal for help.
- Portable NOAA weather-radio, powered by batteries or hand-cranked.
- Food, such as energy bars and bottled water.
- Extra keys for home and vehicles.
- Infant/child necessities.