Page 11 of 11
- Pepper spray has limited effectiveness against an enraged and determined attacker. Use it in conjunction with a defensive strategy: spray and run, or spray, hit, and run.
- Never jog with headphones on; you jeopardize your awareness.
- Stay away from unlit, thick shrubbery adjacent to trails and paths. Remain at least 10 feet away from the sides of buildings and parked cars as you round blind corners.
- Do not jog alone.
- Vary your jogging times and routes.
- Wear a personal alarm that you can set off with one hand.
- If you believe, at any time, you are being followed by a vehicle, turn around immediately and run in the opposite direction.
- << Prev