When in public places, you must be aware of your surroundings, know how to spot danger, and know how to respond to possible dangers.
ICE (In Case of Emergency)
Keep your emergency contact numbers in your cell phone listed under "ICE "in your contact list. First-responders are trained to look for your emergency contacts under this listing.
How to spot danger in strangers
- As you are walking, glance around yourself from time to time.
- Watch for a change in behavior in when you near a person.
- Watch for a hidden or immobile hand as the person walks, it us an unnatural movement.
- Be aware of persons who try to match your movements, such as stopping when you stop and turning when you turn.
- Be aware of attempts to bait you and provoke a response, such as asking, "What did you say to me?" or "What are you looking at?"
- Watch for persons attempting to flank you, such as one person follows you after another person interrupts you.
- Next >>