Page 8 of 17
Types of rapists
- Power rapist. One who suffers from great personal insecurity and compensates by controlling other weaker persons. He believes women want to be raped and often dates women before raping them. He may ask a women for a date after raping her.
- Anger rapist. One who believes he must retaliate for an imagined wrong or loss. These attacks are usually unplanned, explosive attacked directed at randomly selected victims. Rapist may vent his rage and anger by beating and degrading his victim. He may force her into aberrant sexual acts as use vulgar language.
- Sadist rapist. One who seeks revenge and punishment from another person by the use of violence and cruelty. The victim is typically only a symbol of the source of his anger. He is usually very deliberate in his rapes and plans each one carefully He is often ritualistic in his attacks. The victims are often traumatized, suffer extreme physical injuries, and, in many cases, are murdered.
- Gang rapists. One who rapes in the company of peers. They reduce the victim to the status of an object. Gang rapists seek confirmation of their masculinity by expressing power over others. The first person to rape the victim is usually the gang leader. Usually the age of the victim reflects the age of the gang members.
- Date rapist or acquaintance rapist. One who knows the victim and forces his unwanted sexual advances on her. Since the rapist and the victim know each other, some do not consider this type of rape as serious as stranger rape. Regrettably, date rape trials usually do not end with a conviction.