Page 11 of 12
How do I know if my Child has been molested?
- As parents and protectors of our children, we need to be able to tell if our children have been molested. The following is some signs to look for:
- Fear of certain places, people, activities, or if they do not want to be alone with certain people. Never force a child to give affection to other people if they do not want to. This avoidance may indicate a problem.
- Afraid to go to bed, constant nightmares, or other related sleep problems.
- Changes in behavior, sudden mood swings, fearfulness, withdrawal from things around them, and excessive crying.
- Having an unusual interest in sexual matters or acting out sexual acts.
- Rebellious or aggressive behavior.
- Regression to infantile behavior.
- Pain, itching, bleeding, or rawness in the private areas.