Page 3 of 11
Inherited Criminal Theory by Menick
Some genetic factor is passed along from parent to offspring which causes an inherited susceptibility to succumb to crime.
- Everyone will conform in the absence of motivations to not conform.
- Internal and External Controls Theory by Reiss and Nye
- Delinquency is the failure of personal and social controls.
- Rewards for conformity and punishment of deviance.
- Categories of social control:
- Direct control is punishment
- Indirect Control is pain or disappointment one might cause in one to which one has close relationships.
- Internal Control is conscience or sense of guilt