An offensive mindset is probably best for people who:
- Feel bad people should be punished for their misdeeds.
- Are proficient in a fighting art.
- Are physically strong and fast.
- Are aggressive.
- Are physically imposing, either by size, appearance, or demeanor.
A defensive mindset is probably best for people who:
- Are responsible for protecting others.
- Have little or no training in self-defense.
- Are limited in strength or speed due to factors such as body composition, sex, or age
- Are more restrained or less aggressive by nature.
Depending upon the situation, either mindset may be best for a certain person no matter their physical or mental characteristics. Sometimes a powerful person may act defensive to draw in an attacker or a weak person may act offensive to scare off an attacker. Under the right circumstances, a meek defensive person may become a fierce killer, such as a mother protecting her child. Sometimes a normally aggressive person may meet an even bigger and meaner attacker and decide to back off and act defensively. With either mindset, the goal is to end the confrontation as soon as possible with minimum injury to you or those who you are protecting.
- << Prev