Perform patterns remembering the ancient elements
- Earth. Strong stances, balance, and good basic techniques.
- Wind. Proper breathing, lightness, and direction of movement.
- Fire. Speed, power, and focus.
- Water. Flow, smoothness, and giving and receiving.
Sequence of movement
- Turn Head. Turn head toward the direction of the attacker (identity threat) and chamber for your block or attack (prepare threat response).
- Turn body. Turn body to face the threat.
- Move feet. Step into appropriate stance and execute the block or attack (neutralize threat)
Six principles of performance
- Eyes. Bright and Clear
- Mind. Calm and Focused
- Body. Soft and Low (stable, supple, and relaxed)
- Feet. Slow and Precise
- Hands. Fast and Controlled