Gather several plastic bags similar to those used at grocery store checkouts. Throw the bag up and have the student try to keep the bag in the air by using only Taekwondo techniques (such as kicks, punches, knees, elbows, head butts etc.) The one to keep his or her bag airborne the longest is the winner!
Upon instructors command, all students will move through the room (no running or hiding) stopping at any one student they wish to confront. The confrontation starts when one student faces another and steps back into a low block and kiaps. The student being challenged should go to a ready stance and kiap. The challenging student then tells the challenged student to perform a specific one-step that is belt appropriate. If the student performs it correctly, he gets to return the favor. If he is unsuccessful, then the reward is pushups and the other student is free to encounter other students. Students shake hands and thank each other after every challenge.
Dragon ball Z fighting
A popular cartoon is Dragon Ball Z. Have your students pick his/her favorite character out of Goku, Gohan, Vegita, Piccolo, or Krillin (they will know who is who). After they pick, they will have to spar using that character’s fighting style. Here is a list of the fighting styles:
- Goku. A strong willed fighter, never giving up, never admitting defeat, and never turning down a fight. This fighter is able to keep fighting for long amounts of time and is seemingly never tired. Has long, continues combinations of hands and feet.
- Gohan. The shy fighter. Always fighting cautiously, and never letting his guard down.
- Vegita. Same as Goku, but instead of using hands and feet, use elbows and knees.
- Piccolo. Fights like a bad guy
- Krillin. Fights like a scaredy cat.