As long as a martial art student is aware of:
- what the martial arts really are and what they may accomplish;
- what is fact and fiction in the martial arts;
- how the ranking process works;
- that, as in other things, there are phonies, charlatans, and crooks in the martial arts;
- that there are people who, due to intelligence, education, or physiological problems, actually believe the drivel they are teaching;
- and, they are happy with their instructors and their martial arts, then they should just enjoy their training and what it offers, regardless of what others say, myself included.
I consider my mission in the martial arts is to educate others about the martial arts and point out illogic, flawed reasoning, inconsistencies, incomplete truths, and untruths, where I see them so they may make the right martial art choices for themselves. With some facts and a little digging, they should be able to determine for themselves who is really a creditable master and who is a pseudo-master.
- << Prev